Any open procurement can be found in this section.
If no procurements are listed, NBHA has no open solicitations at this time.
ARTHUR F. D’AMATO APARTMENTS (CT 5-9)-CENTRAL CONNECTICUT AREA
THE HOUSING AUTHORITY of the CITY OF NEW BRITAIN (Housing Authority) will receive sealed bids, in TRIPLICATE, for the above referenced construction project at its developments, known as Arthur F. D’Amato Apartments (CT 5-9)
1. The work generally consists of the replacement of electric water heaters for the respective apartment building.
2. All bids shall be clearly marked “Electric Water Heater Replacement at Arthur F. D’Amato Apartments (CT 5-9)” delivered to the Housing Authority Offices by mail or courier, and time and date stamped upon receipt. Bids will be received until April, 21st, 2020 at 2:00 PM at the office of the Housing Authority, 16 Armistice Street, New Britain, CT 06053, at which time they will be publicly opened and read aloud.
3. There will be a pre-bid walk thru on April 7th, 2020 at 10:00 AM at Arthur F. D’Amato Apartments (CT 5-9), 40 Chestnut Street, New Britain, CT. Interested bidders should attend this meeting to understand and clarify the scope of work and intent of bid documents. Any bidder, who is not in attendance at this meeting, will be held responsible for the understanding and extent of the scope of work and the contract.
4. Bid forms and contract documents are on file as of March 31st, 2020, at the Housing Authority Office. Copies of these documents may be obtained by depositing a $50.00 check (COMPANY CHECK or MONEY ORDER ONLY, NO CASH) made payable to The Housing Authority of the City of New Britain for each set of documents so obtained. Such deposit will be non-refundable.
5. Each bidder is required to submit with their bid, a bid guarantee of not less than 5% of the amount of the bid in the form of a certified check or bank draft, U.S. Government Bonds at par value, an irrevocable letter of credit or a bid bond secured by a surety company.
6. The successful bidder will be required to furnish a performance and payment bond for 100% of the contract price; or a 100% cash escrow; or a 25% irrevocable letter of credit. The surety must be a guarantee or surety company acceptable to the Housing Authority and licensed to provide sureties in the State of Connecticut. Individual sureties will not be considered.
7. The Housing Authority reserves the right to reject any or all bids or to waive any informality in the bidding. No bid shall be withdrawn for a period of 90 days subsequent to the opening of bids without the consent of the Housing Authority.
8. It is the responsibility of the Bidder to monitor the nbhact.org website for any notices and Addendum(s) that may be issued pertinent to the information being viewed.
The Housing Authority of the City of New Britain is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and conducts its business in accordance with all Federal, State and Local laws, regulations and guidelines. Small, Minority, Women Business Enterprises and Disabled are encouraged to participate in this process.